Maybe you’ve had your resolution ready since last fall. Lose weight. Volunteer your time. Run a marathon.
Blah blah blah. If you want to get a little more creative, or you’ve been dragging your feet and don’t have any good ideas for a promise to make yourself, how about choosing one that’s fun and easy to keep: drink more wine.
Here’s why you should:
1. You’ll be smarter. Wine drinkers (on average) have a higher IQ than beer and spirits drinkers or abstainers. (Even if drinking the stuff doesn’t instantly boost your brain power, at least people will think you look smarter because you’re drinking wine.)
2. You’ll look good. Wine gives you a healthy glow. Pink cheeks without breaking a sweat. And wine is sexier than beer.
3. You’ll be healthier. Wine is good for your heart. It really is. Drink it and you’ll have thousands of heart-healthy compounds working behind the scenes to extend your life.
4. You’ll make friends. People love wine. If you invite them over to drink it, they will come. Promise.
5. You’ll be happier. It’s really hard to frown with a glass of wine in your hand. Try it.